Upload bulk files to SharePoint lists and document libraries
With Virto SharePoint Bulk File Upload, you can quickly upload multiple files to your SharePoint list or document library by simply selecting the files and clicking the upload button. No need for the redundant task of the same action repeteadly for each of files.
Upload files with drag and drop
Virto SharePoint Bulk File Upload supports drag and drop mode. Just drag files to the upload window and start the process.
Upload large files (up to 2GB) to your SharePoint
No more rejections of large files to your collection! Using Virto SharePoint Bulk File Upload, you can now upload large files, up to 2GB!
Set managed field metadata for bulk filesYou can set multiple files properties before upload.
Partial uploading if the process get's cancelled
If your uploading process get's interrupted or some of the files are not approved for uploading, don't fret. With Virto SharePoint Bulk File Upload, your files that have been approved would have been succesfully uploaded, so no need to redo the process over again.
Define upload settings for SharePoint farm
There are two options - adjust Upload web part for every document library or list (when you need specific settings for each case) or define the upload settings for the whole SharePoint farm.
SharePoint Bulk File Upload Web Part allows users to upload multiple files into a document library in a quick and convenient way and monitor the upload process and view the files you are working with. It has a wide range of settings that will help you manage any files during the uploading process into SharePoint, set meta data, resize images, and use many more features.
|Upload Bulk files to SharePoint document library||Upload multiple files with drag & drop instead of separate adding of every file.|
|Ability to upload multiple files viewing list item||Upload multiple files right while viewing a list item.|
|Files uploading progress bar||You can monitor the file uploading process (especially for large files).|
|Enabling/disabling an ability to overwrite existing files while uploading||You can use (enable) this option when the file is supposed for future updating, for example. To avoid the duplication effect, existing files can be overwritten.|
|Uploading files with drag and drop||E.g. open the file location on your disc and drag & drop all the project files to the project library on your SharePoint site.|
|Files custom meta data enabling||Supported ability to enable custom meta data.|
|Cross browser support||Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera.|
|Multiple OS support||Windows and Mac are supported.|
|Partial uploading if the process in canceled||You can upload the approved files in case of upload process cancellation and not to start the uploading from the beginning.|
|Custom color themes||Future releases|
|Uploading large files (Up to 2Gb)||E.g. upload video and images with high extension to the libraries.|
|Images thumbnails and previews||When images are uploaded you can preview them to guess which of them exactly you are working with.|
|Restrict the type of files users can select||E.g. disallow users to upload images.|
|Ability to set maximum file size to be uploaded||Manage the size of uploaded files and define the maximum size to avoid too large files uploading.|
|Uploading files to different SharePoint objects||You can upload files to SharePoint lists, libraries and etc.|
|Automatic images resizing before uploading||E.g. define 800*600 size for uploaded screenshots of your software products designed.|
|Upload files to server folder||You can select the exact server folder where the files will be uploaded to.|
|Ability to define upload settings for SharePoint farm||You can define upload settings for the whole farm to skip adjustment of upload for every location.|
|Easy selection of values from external data column with autosuggestion or from a grid (for SharePoint 2010 & 2013)||Supported selection of values from external data column with adjusted autosuggestion or from a grid.|
|Unlimited amount of content types and fields in the list is supported||Upload document files, images, video, datasheets, presentations or any other files you need.|
|Localization||English and German|
|Supported versions||2007, 2010, 2013|
09-22-2015Costly, but I am quite impressed with the results of SharePoint bulk file upload. The speed and efficiency are worthy to be mentioned.
03-27-2015We started to use it and it really made a huge difference. I`ll recommend it.
03-27-2015Very useful and easy to customize. This should be base functionality in SharePoint.
02-05-2015Uploading used to be a strenuous task to do, but now with the Virto Bulk File Upload, I no longer dread the task of uploading. Drag & drop feature makes uploading a breeze and I can even monitor the progress through the file uploading progress bar!
05-15-2015Small smart web part for upload multiple files to SharePoint. Easy manage even large files and upload multiple documents.
- Sharepoint 2016 - 5.4.1
- Sharepoint 2013 - 5.4.0
- Sharepoint 2010 - 5.3.0
- Sharepoint 2007 - 4.6.0
- Operation system64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 Service Pack 1 AND 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- ServerSharePoint Server 2016, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- BrowserMicrosoft Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla
- Operation systemWindows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter X64 / 2008 R2 SP1
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 8 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2008 x64 / 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 7 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla Firefox supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2003 x86/x64 // 2008 x86/x64 // 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services v3 (WSS3.0) SP2 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or greater (Note: This product is not compatible with SPS 2003 and WSS v2)
- BrowserInternet Explorer 6 or above is recommended for advanced administration features
- Serial number for product activation
- Unlimited 1 year support via email
- All major and minor upgrades during 1 year
License notes and renewal
Upon purchase, your license comes with a free 1-year update period. Once this initial period expires, an extension for a further year needs to be purchased to maintain access to the latest product updates.
Educational and non-profit discounts
We are glad to offer a set of special discounts for schools, colleges, universities, hospitals and charity organizations. Please contact our sales department for more information.