Cross site lookup function
Virto Cross Site & Cascaded Lookup allows you to referencing and cross-referencing existing data from different SharePoint sites and lists in the lookup column. Also, you can set up dependencies and create parent-child relationships between columns in the same list so that data entered in one field filters the options presented in another.
Convenient searching system with autocomplete
Find-as-you-type function allows you to select objects by one keystroke. The result of search in the dropdown list is filtering by letters that you type in the moment.
Filtering data by column and by view
WithVirto SharePoint Cross-Site & Cascaded Lookup, you can quickly filter large data set from the list by pre-defined view and refine the values for selection. Besides that, you are able to filter retrieved data by columns from the target list. Virto Cross Site & Cascaded Lookup allows to quickly operate large data set and supports large number of items per list (>2000).
Remove Duplicate Items
Virto SharePoint Cross-Site & Cascaded Lookup features multiple values and duplicate values removal, so you always get only one instance without overlapping.
Virto Cross Site & Cascaded Lookup is a powerful tool intended to use for SharePoint information, and for joint display of associated data from several distinct sources including lists and sites. The component quickly cross-references existing data from a list or site and then applies a combination of filters to reduce the number of options presented in the drop down menu of your lookup field and eliminating the possibility for error as a result of incompatible values.
The component allows users to:
- Cross-site lookup of a SharePoint list from current site collection
- Build parent-child relationships between list columns so that the value you choose in the parent column determines the options presented in the child column
- Setting relationships between lookup fields
- Add multiple selections for lookup fields
- Conversion of standard lookup to Virto lookup
- Many other options for convenient SharePoint data displaying, grouping and filtering
How to use Cross Site Lookup
As an example, we will do a case where you need to aggregate information from a list of clients which are grouped by countries and cities. We have created three lookup fields with the dependence country -> city-> client. This means that when a user adds a new item to the list, he selects a country and a list of cities of the country will be displayed accordingly. And when the list of cities is defined, the same happens with clients list. Enter title of the lookup and start typing a country name. The list of countries will be displayed. Click on the required country and use the arrow button to add this country to the lookup. As you add countries to the lookup, the list of cities will change accordingly. And as you select cities, the list of clients will change as well.
Though there are a number of products that offer the same functionality on the market, Virto Cross Site & Cascaded Lookup has a set of clear advantages. First, it integrates features of two distinct components, Cross Site Lookup and Cascade Lookup. Second, it provides users with additional features like advanced filtering and displaying additional columns for loo kup list items.
Virto Cross Site & Cascaded Lookup is the only product that effectively combines two components: provides users with extended tools for advanced displaying of SharePoint data, and with a cost that is less than the majority of SharePoint web parts with similar functionality.
Learn also about 50+ great SharePoint Web Parts both Free and commercial we've prepared for you!
|Cross-site look up of list from current site collection||Using Virto Sharepoint Cross-Site & Cascaded Lookup, you can both referencing and cross-referencing existing data in SharePoint 2013, 2010 or 2007 List across current site or site collection.|
|Ability to set dependence between look up fields||Virto Cross Site & Cascaded Lookup allows tou to create parent-child relationships between columns in the same list so that data entered in one field filters the options presented in another.|
|Multiple selections can be applied to lookup fields||Virto Cross Site & Cascaded Lookup allows you to apply multiple selections for lookup fields|
|Conversion of Standard Look up to Virto Lookup||Choose convenient interface for a work with SharePoint data.|
|Multiple values and duplicate values removal||Virto Cross Site & Cascaded Lookup is able to filter out duplicate values and display only one instance.|
|Datasheet View Support||Virto SharePoint Cross-Site & Cascaded Lookup supports Datasheet View|
|Large number of items per list support||Virto Cross Site & Cascaded Lookup can quick and efficient operate the big SharePoint data with thousands of elements.|
01-28-2016Great feature for SharePoint cross site working! Particularly, i like the auto complete ability in this web part!
05-16-2015Easy way to add cross site lookup column to SharePoint list.
- Sharepoint 2019 - 3.1.5
- Sharepoint 2016 - 3.1.5
- Sharepoint 2013 - 3.1.2
- Sharepoint 2010 - 3.2.6
- Sharepoint 2007 - 2.0.0
- Operation system64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 Service Pack 1 AND 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- ServerSharePoint Server 2016, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- BrowserMicrosoft Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla
- Operation systemWindows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter X64 / 2008 R2 SP1
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 8 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2008 x64 / 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 7 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla Firefox supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2003 x86/x64 // 2008 x86/x64 // 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services v3 (WSS3.0) SP2 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or greater (Note: This product is not compatible with SPS 2003 and WSS v2)
- BrowserInternet Explorer 6 or above is recommended for advanced administration features
- Serial number for product activation
- Unlimited 1 year support via email
- All major and minor upgrades during 1 year
License notes and renewal
Upon purchase, your license comes with a free 1-year update period. Once this initial period expires, an extension for a further year needs to be purchased to maintain access to the latest product updates.
Educational and non-profit discounts
We are glad to offer a set of special discounts for schools, colleges, universities, hospitals and charity organizations. Please contact our sales department for more information.
Choose one of our bundles and save up to 85% off separate product price