Enjoy also other Virto FREE SharePoint Web Parts like Media Player and Clock and Weather.
Automatic cut of URL
Virto URL Shortener Web Part automatically cuts URL for SharePoint site pages, documents and lists.
Extremely quick, easy and FREE!
Virto URL Shortener Web Part doesn't require any special adjustment and provides pop-up interface of shortening, so you can cut large URLs with a single click.
Every SharePoint user has occasionally to use URL of site pages, installed web parts and list items. The URL is usually too long, contains large amount of symbols and even takes sometimes 2 or 3 rows of text.
Imagine you need to spell this link during a phone call. Or your partner asks you to send it by e-mail, where this URL takes most part of the message body and any other information is left unobserved. At last you may need to tweet this URL but will definitely face Twitter character limits.
Virto URL Shortener Web Part for SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2016 cuts large URLs with a single click to short links that can be used instantly by SharePoint users for sending links through e-mail, Twitter and SMS.
Moreover, the installation process is quick and simple. The component is ready for use right after installation and doesn't need special adjustment. Just download and install Virto URL Shortener web part and use the URL cutting button anytime you need.
|Automatic cut of URL||Automatic cut of URL for SharePoint site pages, documents and lists|
|Easy usage||URL cut with a single button click|
|Extremely quick and easy installation||The component is ready to be used right after installation and does not need special adjustment.|
|Ability to copy URL||You can copy URL for further use|
|Pop-up interface||Attractive and convenient pop-up interface of shortening|
|Support versions||SharePoint 2010, 2013 and 2016 versions are supported|
02-01-2016I like this SharePoint URL cutter! Perfect for me, it saved me from eye irritation!
10-13-2015Nice small web part to cut URLs in SharePoint. Extremely user friendly and unbelievable easy to use.
05-29-2015The simple ideas are the best. I used this feature to cut large URL in SharePoint, gets the job done very well!
- Sharepoint 2016 - 3.0.0
- Sharepoint 2013 - 3.0.0
- Sharepoint 2010 - 3.0.0
- Operation system64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 Service Pack 1 AND 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- ServerSharePoint Server 2016, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- BrowserMicrosoft Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla
- Operation systemWindows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter X64 / 2008 R2 SP1
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 8 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2008 x64 / 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 7 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla Firefox supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2003 x86/x64 // 2008 x86/x64 // 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services v3 (WSS3.0) SP2 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or greater (Note: This product is not compatible with SPS 2003 and WSS v2)
- BrowserInternet Explorer 6 or above is recommended for advanced administration features