Aggregating feeds from various sources
Virto Social Aggregator supports for aggregating feeds from various sources (combine blogs, twitter, news in one view). This can be RSS type of feeds including RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0, ATOM and many more. Also, the web part provides native Twitter API Support with ability to update and delete twitter statuses right from SharePoint.
Working fast and safe
With Virto Social Aggregator, feeds are updated in real time using AJAX interface. Also, the web part supports Twitter OATH protocol, meaning that it does not store users’ Twitter accounts or passwords
User interface customization
Virto Social Aggregator provides full User Interface customization using XSL and CSS. Customize overall layout, individual datasource feed item layouts and stylesheet (css). Also, you are able to control who can post updates to twitter.
Virto Social Aggregator is a simple component which allows users to conveniently view feeds from the variety of sources. The web part is fully compatible with SharePoint 2007, 2010 and 2013.
Virto Social Aggregator Web Part aggregates feeds from various sources and display them on your SharePoint site in a single view, which is subject to flexible customization using XSL and CSS. Users can easily customize overall layout and stylesheet as well as define their individual datasources for the feeds.
For Twitter users VirtoSoftware offers additional features that allow not only reading twits but also posting right from SharePoint interface. Virto RSS & Twitter Aggregator supports OATH protocol for Twitter, meaning that it does not store users’ Twitter accounts or passwords. SharePoint administrator is free to define the users, for whom the extended Twitter options of the Aggregator are available.
Current release is the very first version of Virto Social Aggregator Web Part. As in the case of all other VirtoSoftware products, Virto RSS & Twitter Aggregator will be constantly improving and updating. In the next version we plan to complete the integration with Facebook making it possible to get and post information from the network. Support of the approval workflow is another feature to be included to one of the next versions of Virto RSS & Twitter Aggregator. With this feature it will be possible to define an approval scheme for all the posts displayed by the web part.
Learn also about 50+ great SharePoint Web Parts both Free and commercial we've prepared for you!
|Support for RSS||Virto Social Aggregator supports RSS type of feeds including RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0, ATOM and many more.|
|Feeds from various sources||Support for aggregating feeds from various sources (combine blogs, twitter, news in one view).|
|Real time update||Feeds are updated in real time using AJAX interface.|
|Native Twitter API Support||Ability to update and delete twitter statuses right from SharePoint.|
|Support for Twitter OATH protocol||Meaning that it does not store users’ Twitter accounts or passwords|
|Interface customization||Virto Social Aggregator Web Part provides full User Interface customization using XSL and CSS. Customize overall layout, individual datasource feed item layouts and stylesheet (css).|
|Control who can post updates to twitter.||Ability to control who can post updates to twitter. Also, SharePoint administrator is free to define the users, for whom the extended Twitter options of the Aggregator are available.|
05-29-2015Very useful web part for displaying rss feeds in sharepoint. We didn't know we needed this thing until we tried it out.
- Sharepoint 2016 - 2.3.1
- Sharepoint 2013 - 2.3.1
- Sharepoint 2010 - 2.2.0
- Sharepoint 2007 - 1.5.1
- Operation system64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 Service Pack 1 AND 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- ServerSharePoint Server 2016, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- BrowserMicrosoft Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla
- Operation systemWindows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter X64 / 2008 R2 SP1
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 8 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2008 x64 / 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 7 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla Firefox supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2003 x86/x64 // 2008 x86/x64 // 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services v3 (WSS3.0) SP2 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or greater (Note: This product is not compatible with SPS 2003 and WSS v2)
- BrowserInternet Explorer 6 or above is recommended for advanced administration features
- Serial number for product activation
- Unlimited 1 year support via email
- All major and minor upgrades during 1 year
License notes and renewal
Upon purchase, your license comes with a free 1-year update period. Once this initial period expires, an extension for a further year needs to be purchased to maintain access to the latest product updates.
Educational and non-profit discounts
We are glad to offer a set of special discounts for schools, colleges, universities, hospitals and charity organizations. Please contact our sales department for more information.
Choose one of our bundles and save up to 85% off separate product price