Enjoy also other Virto FREE SharePoint Web Parts like URL Shortener and Clock and Weather.
Play video and audio files from a SharePoint site
Virto SharePoint Media Player is a simple, attractive and absolutely free web part! This web part is an easiest way to play media files directly from your SharePoint site. SharePoint library can be selected as a source; playlist management is supported as well.
You can easily manage files playback with rewind, shuffle, and replay options. Virto SharePoint Media Player also allows you to customize the size of SharePoint Media Player to make the component ideally fit to your SharePoint page environment.
SharePoint Media Player Web Part allows you to play audio and video files right from your SharePoint site. All you need to do is install the Media Player web part into your SharePoint and select a library in the web part settings. You can also adjust the web part's size, manage the playlist and rewind to previous and further audio and video items. It is also allowed to enable shuffle and replay options. Virto Media Player is designed for SharePoint 2010, 2013, and 2016.
SharePoint Media Player Web Part supports .mp3, .m4a (audio) and .flv, .m4v (video) formats.
|Play video and audio files from a SharePoint site||SharePoint Media Player Web Part allows you to play audio and video files right from your SharePoint site, SharePoint library can be selected as a source.|
|Change the web part's size||Ability to customize the size of SharePoint Media Player Web Part|
|Playlist management||With SharePoint Media Player Web Part, you can easily manage your playlist on a SharePoint site.|
|Supported formats||.mp3, .m4a (audio) and .flv, .m4v (video)|
|Playback management||SharePoint Media Player provides Rewind option, Shuffle option and Replay option.|
10-20-2015Great if you simply want to play video in SharePoint directly.
04-06-2015This works great. Simple and free solution for playing SharePoint video. Definitely 5 stars!
05-29-2015I'm full of positive emotions. Easy, clear and free media player for SharePoint. Guys, thank you so much for your product!
- Sharepoint 2016 - 3.0.0
- Sharepoint 2013 - 3.0.3
- Sharepoint 2010 - 3.0.0
- Operation system64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 Service Pack 1 AND 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- ServerSharePoint Server 2016, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- BrowserMicrosoft Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla
- Operation systemWindows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter X64 / 2008 R2 SP1
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 8 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2008 x64 / 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 7 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla Firefox supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2003 x86/x64 // 2008 x86/x64 // 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services v3 (WSS3.0) SP2 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or greater (Note: This product is not compatible with SPS 2003 and WSS v2)
- BrowserInternet Explorer 6 or above is recommended for advanced administration features