Handle incoming faxes and forward them to a SharePoint list
Virto Incoming Fax is a simple service for forwarding incoming faxes from Microsoft Fax Server to SharePoint and storing them as list items. Virto Incoming Fax is gathering all incoming faxes into a single list for convenient storage. Also, the web part is storing the original fax message as .tif list item attachment.
Additional fields in a fax list
The information like caller number, recipient number and page count will be stored in the corresponding fields of a SharePoint list.
Virto Incoming Fax is a simple service for handling all incoming faxes and forwarding them from Microsoft Fax Server to SharePoint. The service consists of two elements. Virto Incoming Fax Client service registers an incoming fax and forwards it to the Virto Incoming Fax Feature. The latter stores the fax in a SharePoint list. The service can be easily set up as a SharePoint web part.
Once the Virto Incoming Fax Server is installed, just select a list where incoming faxes should be stored and then install Virto Incoming Fax Client on the computer with Microsoft Fax Server. Once this is done, all the incoming faxes will be automatically forwarded to SharePoint and stored in the chosen SharePoint list. The information like caller number, recipient number and page count will be stored in the corresponding fields of the list.
The service is useful for organizations or departments (e.g. sales or financial) that daily get hundreds of faxes. With Virto Incoming Fax Service, you can easily handle all your faxes, regardless of their amount, collect them automatically and store in a SharePoint list. In addition, you can use the service to design a workflow that includes a procedure of fax processing.
Learn also about 50+ great SharePoint Web Parts we've prepared for you!
|Gather faxes in SharePoint||Virto Incoming Fax gathers all incoming faxes into a single list for convenient storage and handling.|
|Additional fields in a fax list||You can add additional fields to fax list: “Caller Number”, “Recipient Number” and “Page Count”.|
|Store the original fax message||Virto Incoming Fax stores the original fax message as .tif list item attachment|
11-10-2015Now I can run my own catalogue of faxes in a SharePoint list without being afraid of losing an important piece
05-26-2015Incoming Fax Service is an easy way to handle my faxes and store them in a SharePoint list, I've used it with no issue.
- Sharepoint 2010 - 2.1.0
- Sharepoint 2007 - 1.1.0
- Operation system64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 Service Pack 1 AND 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- ServerSharePoint Server 2016, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- BrowserMicrosoft Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla
- Operation systemWindows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter X64 / 2008 R2 SP1
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 8 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2008 x64 / 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 7 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla Firefox supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2003 x86/x64 // 2008 x86/x64 // 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services v3 (WSS3.0) SP2 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or greater (Note: This product is not compatible with SPS 2003 and WSS v2)
- BrowserInternet Explorer 6 or above is recommended for advanced administration features
- Serial number for product activation
- Unlimited 1 year support via email
- All major and minor upgrades during 1 year
License notes and renewal
Upon purchase, your license comes with a free 1-year update period. Once this initial period expires, an extension for a further year needs to be purchased to maintain access to the latest product updates.
Educational and non-profit discounts
We are glad to offer a set of special discounts for schools, colleges, universities, hospitals and charity organizations. Please contact our sales department for more information.
Choose one of our bundles and save up to 85% off separate product price