Virto Incoming email feature collects emails from several POP3 & IMAP Server to a single SharePoint list. This web part saves incoming mail to any type of SharePoint List including custom. Original email message as well as all attachments are available through the list. Also, Virto Incoming email feature can extract email attachments from Outlook "winmail.dat" file.
Virto Incoming E-mail Feature uses special Incoming E-mail List Templates. Fields EmailTo, EmailCc, EmailFrom, EmailSubject, EmailHtmlBody are added to the List automatically. Also, email Document Object Model (EDOM) for developers is supported.
Virto SharePoint Incoming E-mail Feature is a simple and effective service for Microsoft SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 for routing and collecting incoming e-mails from POP3 & IMAP Servers.
Default SharePoint Incoming E-mail Service
Microsoft SharePoint enables incoming email routing. SharePoint default Incoming e-mail service collects messages from specified email addresses and put the information from the messages into a predefined SharePoint list. The service is often used for organizing a help desk or a customer support service, where processing incoming mail usually serves as the first step in a workflow scheme.
This feature is organized with Incoming Email Service and can be found in “Operations” tab in SharePoint “Central Administration” block. If Incoming e-mail service is working, SharePoint runs background job - Windows SharePoint Services Incoming E-Mail - according to timer settings. This job is controlled by Windows SharePoint Services Timer like other planned jobs. At the same time e-mail messages are collected from only one SMTP-domain. After e-mail routing is adjusted on the farm level, site administrators can allow sending e-mail to certain lists in the library. Not all the types of lists are supported for this procedure. The list of available ones is in “Incoming email settings” block in “Communications” section. Available settings depend on type of the list – for example, document library asks what you are going to do with an attachment, and blog list enables to define if contained element should be instantly published. When email is processed, four parameters are saved by default - EmailTo, EmailCc, EmailFrom, EmailSubject.
However, the default SharePoint service has some shortcomings that restrict its usefulness and applicability. First, it allows to collect email messages from SMTP servers only. Second, it does not allow to collect emails from more than one mail server or domain. Third, the service supports only default SharePoint list types and cannot put email information to a list of a custom type. Finally, the deployment and setting up procedures are not that quick and simple.
Virto Incoming E-mail Feature for SharePoint
VirtoSoftware offers an alternative solution that on the one hand is much simpler in deployment and usage and on the other hand provides SharePoint users with additional features. In addition to all the features available when using the default SharePoint email service, Virto Incoming Email Service allows users to collect mail from POP3 & IMAP servers, collect mail from multiple email servers and domains and enables gathering information from emails in SharePoint lists of any type including custom ones.
- Collect e-mails from several POP3 & IMAP Server to a single SharePoint list.
- Save incoming mail to any type of SharePoint List including custom.
- Use special Incoming E-mail List Templates.
- Fields EmailTo, EmailCc, EmailFrom, EmailSubject, EmailHtmlBody are added to a List automatically.
- Original email message as well as all attachments are available through the List.
- Email Document Object Model (EDOM) for developers is supported.
- Extract e-mail attachments from Outlook to "winmail.dat" file.
Learn also about 50+ great SharePoint Web Parts both Free and commercial we've prepared for you!
|Collect emails||Virto Incoming E-mail collects emails from several POP3 & IMAP Server to a single SharePoint list.|
|Use any type of SharePoint List||Virto Incoming E-mail Feature saves incoming mail to any type of SharePoint List including custom.|
|List Templates||Fields EmailTo, EmailCc, EmailFrom, EmailSubject, EmailHtmlBody are added to the List automatically.|
|Keep an original email||Original email message as well as all attachments are available through the List.|
|EDOM||Email Document Object Model (EDOM) for developers is supported.|
|Extract attachments from Outlook||Virto Incoming E-mail Feature can extract e-mail attachments from Outlook to "winmail.dat" file|
11-10-2015I just love the way of managing emails in SharePoint with this powerful tool. After testing it for 10 minutes i bought it.
05-26-2015Simple but smart solution, so I can have all emails in a single SharePoint list. Very convenient specific tool.
- Sharepoint 2016 - 2.6.0
- Sharepoint 2013 - 2.6.0
- Sharepoint 2010 - 3.1.0
- Sharepoint 2007 - 2.5.0
- Operation system64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 Service Pack 1 AND 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- ServerSharePoint Server 2016, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- BrowserMicrosoft Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla
- Operation systemWindows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter X64 / 2008 R2 SP1
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 8 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2008 x64 / 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 7 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla Firefox supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2003 x86/x64 // 2008 x86/x64 // 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services v3 (WSS3.0) SP2 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or greater (Note: This product is not compatible with SPS 2003 and WSS v2)
- BrowserInternet Explorer 6 or above is recommended for advanced administration features
- Serial number for product activation
- Unlimited 1 year support via email
- All major and minor upgrades during 1 year
License notes and renewal
Upon purchase, your license comes with a free 1-year update period. Once this initial period expires, an extension for a further year needs to be purchased to maintain access to the latest product updates.
Educational and non-profit discounts
We are glad to offer a set of special discounts for schools, colleges, universities, hospitals and charity organizations. Please contact our sales department for more information.
Choose one of our bundles and save up to 85% off separate product price