Watch Password Change Web Part video overviewSharePoint Password Change Web Part by Virto enables Active Directory (AD) users and users with general accounts (FBAP) to change password themselves when they are logged onto SharePoint 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007 Site.
SharePoint Change Password web part is helpful if there are a lot of AD accounts in your system, and users must change password occasionally due to security or other reasons. Remote AD users can also change passwords without any difficulties. This add-in is a part of Virto SharePoint Password Management tools that include also SharePoint Password Expiration and Reset SharePoint Password web parts.
Remote AD users can also change their passwords with SharePoint Password Change Web Part
Now, a site administrator does not need to change passwords manually. He can simplify his work and add the web part to intranet or extranet SharePoint Portal. Then any authorized user can easily change a password without disturbing the administrator.
Easy-to-use and time saving SharePoint Password Change web part
If an administrator delegates advanced rights to a user, he can change not only his own password, but also other users' passwords. The password requirements can be published in the web part and if a user types an old password incorrectly or his password does not meet certain requirements, the warning message will be displayed and the user cannot change his password.
Use SharePoint Password Change with Password Reset Web Part
If a user forgets his password or the password is expired, he needs to recover it first and then change the password to the new one. This can be done with SharePoint Password Reset Web Part, which is an essential part of SharePoint Password management system.
With SharePoint Password Change Web Part, a system administrator does not need to change passwords manually every time. He just adds the web part to intranet or extranet SharePoint Portal, then authorized users can easily manage their passwords without the administrator's assistance.
When a user requests the ability to change a password, the system automatically determines the category this user belongs to — Active Directory or other Form Based Authentication Provider (FBAP). Then the user types his old password and a new one. The web part transfers this data to the AD or other FBAP base, and the new password is saved in the database. If a user has advanced rights, he can change not only his own password but other users' passwords. It is also possible to publish password requirements in the web part. If a user types an incorrect old password or his password does not meet the requirements, a warning message will be displayed and his password will not be changed.
If a user forgets his password or the password is expired, he needs to recover it first and then change to the new password. This can be done with SharePoint Password Reset Web Part, which is an essential part of SharePoint Password management system.
|Allows Active Directory or FBA users to change password on their own without the administrator's help||Any user can change password from domain or non-domain computers.|
|Password policy description||You can set complexity of password (number of digits, symbols). Warning message is displayed if a password does not meet predefined requirements.|
|Supported SharePoint versions||2007, 2010, 2013, 2016|
09-23-2015Useful and helpful SharePoint Password Change tool.
03-27-2015Easy to customize and even easier to use. Product works as advertised.
03-11-2015I like it!) Cool and easy-to-use product that allows me to manage users passwords across the company!
05-29-2015In general I am happy with this sharepoint password manager. The end users are, for the most part, happy with it. The software just runs out there and is very rarely the problem when a user calls.
05-29-2015Easy to install and configure solution to change user passwords in Sharepoint. I'll continue to use this tool.
- Sharepoint 2016 - 3.2.3
- Sharepoint 2013 - 3.2.3
- Sharepoint 2010 - 3.1.4
- Sharepoint 2007 - 2.2.1
- Operation system64-bit edition of Windows Server 2012 R2 Service Pack 1 AND 64-bit edition of Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- ServerSharePoint Server 2016, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
- BrowserMicrosoft Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla
- Operation systemWindows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter X64 / 2008 R2 SP1
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 8 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2008 x64 / 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- BrowserInternet Explorer 7 or greater is recommended for Advanced Administration features, Mozilla Firefox supported
- Operation systemWindows Server 2003 x86/x64 // 2008 x86/x64 // 2008 R2
- ServerSharePoint Release: Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services v3 (WSS3.0) SP2 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP2. Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or greater (Note: This product is not compatible with SPS 2003 and WSS v2)
- BrowserInternet Explorer 6 or above is recommended for advanced administration features
- Serial number for product activation
- Unlimited 1 year support via email
- All major and minor upgrades during 1 year
License notes and renewal
Upon purchase, your license comes with a free 1-year update period. Once this initial period expires, an extension for a further year needs to be purchased to maintain access to the latest product updates.
Educational and non-profit discounts
We are glad to offer a set of special discounts for schools, colleges, universities, hospitals and charity organizations. Please contact our sales department for more information.