Virto Sharepoint AD User Profile Service
Active Directory User Profile Synchronization Service for SharePoint 2010 & 2013
is intended for managing data of Active Directory database user profiles.
- Watch AD User Profile Service video overview Sharepoint AD User Profile Synchronization Service is a web part for SharePoint 2013, 2010 and 2007 that allows managing user profile data of Active Directory database users. User Prodile Service includes two components – Self Service (for working with your own data) and User Service (for management of other users’ profile data). Being combined in a single solution, these two web-parts provide users with powerful tools for synhronization and editing Active Directory User Profile while being logged into SharePoint Site.
Save your time with Sharepoint User Profile Synchronization Service
Any authorized SharePoint user with help of AD User Self Service web part can quickly change his mobile phone number; add date of birth or any other data to his profile. This is very useful add-on that enables to cut time of system administrators, which they usually spend on users’ data management.
View and edit other Sharepoint users' Active Directory profiles
With User Profile Service you can also define which exact data will be available for editing. For instance, you can allow human resources manager to change posts of other users, but personal data (first and last names) will be unavailable for editing.
Customization of Sharepoint User Profile Fields
User Profile Synchronization Service Web Part also supports following Fields Modes: “Edit”, “Read Only” and “Don’t Show”. Additionally, you can place fields into four tabs. Defining field's order in the tab is also added. So much flexibility for convenient customization!
High-level Security of your Sharepoint environment
The web part can be adjusted by SharePoint administrator, he decides which users will have the rights of managing other users’ data. It is also feasible to apply the settings, which will forbid not only viewing some fields but will make it impossible to see them for some users.
Sharepoint AD User Profile Synchronization Service Web Part for Microsoft SharePoint
AD User Profile Synchronization Service Web Part enables users to manage their AD profiles by themselves. Any authorized SharePoint user with help of this web part can quickly change his mobile phone number; add date of birth, car number and any other data of his profile. This is very useful tool that enables to cut time of system administrators which they usually spend on users profiles data management.
Using User Profile Synchronization Service you can collect information from Active Directory for current SharePoint user, display this data in the site page, allow users to modify the information fields and save these modifications in the AD. The ability of field values’ changing is defined by administrator (“Edit”, “Read Only”, and “Don’t Show”).
User Profile Synchronization Service Web Part for SharePoint 2007, 2010 and 2013
With help of User Service component you can manage not only your profile but other users’ data as well (if it is allowed by the system security settings). When the web part is adjusted, it is defined, which SharePoint user group will be able to manage other users’ profiles. It is also defined which exact data will be available for editing. For instance, you can allow human resources manager to change posts of other users, but personal data (first and last names) will be unavailable for editing.
All Active Directory users are displayed as a list sorted in alphabetical order. It is also possible to find any user with search tools. Sharepoint User Profile Synchronization Service enables to view user profiles in a special window where all the data are grouped by type (personal data, job details, contact information and etc).
It is required to remember security factor when managing other users’ details. This factor is also taken into consideration by the web part developers. The web part can be adjusted by SharePoint administrator, he decides which users will have the rights of managing other users’ data. It is also feasible to apply the settings which will forbid not only viewing some fields but will make it impossible to see them for some users.
Actice Directory User Profile Synchronization Service Data Flow
After both AD web parts are added to the site, authorized users can change User Profile Info data, and all changes will be transferred to Active Directory, and from Active Directory Data Base — to Sharepoint User Profile Records. When SharePoint user logs in, Sharepoint AD User Profile Synchronization Service defines login user and domain, transfers his information from Active Directory to SharePoint and displays it on the page. According to the settings defined for web part users by administrator, user can edit displayed information. In this case the changes will be sent to Active Directory and the message about successful operation will be displayed.
User Profile Synchronization Service Web Part for SharePoint is designed for Sharepoint 2013, 2010 and 2007.
- Key Feature Description
- Customization of User Profile Fields There is no need to fill out every existing field in the web part – administrator chooses necessary fields for editing.
- Supported Fields Modes: “Edit”, “Read Only” and “Don’t Show” You can choose necessary field settings from existing.
- Administrator can adjust different options of editing/viewing/searching settings for fields Security feature, that allows to make certain fields read-only or invisible for users while searching.
- Ability to create lookup fields You can predefine fields and manage lookup values. This makes work simple and saves plenty of time with user profile data management!
- List View of Active Directory User Profiles Users are displayed as a list sorted in alphabetical order.
- Ability to search users by AD profile data is added If Active Directory contains a great amount of data, one can search users profiles by parts of e-mail, city, department, etc.
- Ability to place fields into four tabs defining field's order in the tab Site administrator can choose and add fields for different tabs in user profile.
- Ability to display users from specified AD Organizational Units You can choose to display users for example, from marketing department.
- Input data validation Validation format of e-mail, phone number, URL etc. can be added. Empty values can be also checked.
- Ability to add multiple values to AD field (if AD field supports multiple values) If user has several e-mails, phone numbers, etc. they can all be typed into the field.
I like this product - very useful and easy to use.
- Sharepoint 2013 - 4.0.2
- Sharepoint 2010 - 4.1.1
- Sharepoint 2007 - 3.1.0
Virto Sharepoint AD User Profile Service
Commercial license for 1 Web-Front End
The price includes:
- Serial number for product activation
- Unlimited 1 year support via email
- All major and minor upgrades during 1 year
After you press "Add to cart" button you will be forwarded to secure zone of our processing partner Avangate where you can select QTY and finish checkout
Choose one of our bundles and save up to 85% off separate product price
License notes and renewal Upon purchase, your license comes with a free 1-year update period. Once this initial period expires, an extension for a further year needs to be purchased to maintain access to the latest product updates.
Development licenses are available only for customers ordering production licenses. For additional information please contact us.
Educational, non-profit and resellers discounts We also offer a set of special discounts for schools, colleges, universities, hospitals, charity organizations and resellers. Please contact our sales department for more information