Sharepoint Alert and Reminder web part for Microsoft SharePoint 2013, 2010 and 2007 is a new and effective web part that enhances and streamlines SharePoint Alert Management System. With VirtoSharepoint Alert and Reminder Web Part, you can create your own SharePoint Task Alerts, Reminders or Notifications and send them to a user or group of users. Alerts can be sent to them as Emails or SMS-message, in a single group ticket.
Why Do You Need Alert & Reminder Web Part for SharePoint?
Microsoft SharePoint technologies are designed for effective organization of corporate information. They provide quick access to working information and contain powerful document management as well as work sharing tools.
SharePoint alerts and notifications are essential features that allow users to effectively work on their tasks and always be on schedule. Though alerts in SharePoint are flexible, they often require additional adjustment and detailed customization. Sharepoint Alerts and Reminder provides users with this additional adjustment tool. Now you can create your own task sharepoint alert in an instant, and allow it to be sent to a specific user or a group of sharepoint users. An important feature with the Sharepoint Alerts and Reminder Web Part is the ability to create your own Sharepoint alerts in Rich Text format.
You can also define the frequency of Sharepoint alerts by simple choosing one of the following options: send immediately, hourly, daily or weekly. Sharepoint alerts can also be sent within a specified timetable (i.e., only within business hours — from 8 AM to 5 PM). All of this can then be combined into a single ticket. When you enable this feature, all of your sharepoint alerts will be assembled into a single email instead of being sent in several email messages.
Finally, Virto Sharepoint Alerts and Reminder allows sending SharePoint alerts and notifications not only by e-mail, but also by SMS or via instant messengers like Jabber or Miranda.
Another feature of the Sharepoint Alerts and Reminder web part is the Custom Filtering System. This allows users to create complex terms and conditions for sending notifications. An example would be for you to receive Sharepoint notifications when your task is complete or the percentage of completion is more than 90%.
The option of Custom Templates makes it possible to create the Body of the Alert message within seconds. The Virto Sharepoint Alert and Reminder Message Templates enables users to use different tags in the HTML-based template body. The tags are replaced with the Alert List column fields and other elements while the message is being drafted.
Advantages of Virto Alert & Reminder Web Part
- Extended Alerting Capabilities
- Easy to Deploy and Use
- SMTP and XMPP Support
- Send Alerts and Notifications to e-mail (SMTP)
- Send Alerts and Notifications to SMS (SMPP Server Support)
- Send Alerts and Notifications to XMPP Instant Messengers Users (Jabber, Miranda etc)
- Ability to use more than one SMTP connection settings
- Ability to use SMPP server provider for sms alert sending
- Ability to use Clickatell SMS Gateway for sms alert sending
- Ability to add Active Directory (AD) user/group to Recipient List if set "Lookup Contents in the Alert List". Email will be send to all users from selected AD group. If AD Group includes sub-group, alert will be sent to all users from sub-group too
- Ability to add Active Directory (AD) user/group to Recipient List if set "Set of users or contact list". Email will be send to all users from selected AD group. If AD Group includes sub-group, alert will be sent to all users from sub-group too
- Site administrator is able to customize Active Directory default connection settings
- Supported Triggers: Create, Delete or Change Event
- E-mail Alert Recipient: individual user, group of users, SharePoint Users
- Customization of E-mail Content upon your needs, Plain an Rich text
- Sending Reminders on Recurrent events
- Summary Notifications
- Frequency of sending Alerts (Immediately, Every Hour, Day, Week)
- Complex Term and Conditions of Sending Alerts
- Send Alerts about upcoming or overdue Events (Reminder Option)
- Define whether user has an ability to create alerts
- Any SharePoint user or group of users is empowered with an ability to create their own alerts (not only Site Administrator)
Check out these products
Active Directory User Service Virto Sharepoint Active Directory User Service is a web part for SharePoint 2013, 2010 and 2007 that allows managing data of Active Directory database users. Web part includes two components – Self Service (for working with your own data) and User Service (for management of other...
Create & Clone AD User Web Part Save $90 Virto Sharepoint Create & Clone Active Directory (AD) User – web part for integrating Active Directories and SharePoint 2013, 2010 or 2007. This simple and effective component allows SharePoint administrator to conveniently and quickly create and clone AD user accounts, as well as...
Password Change Web Part Save $100 Virto Sharepoint Password Change Web Part enables Active Directory (AD) users and users with general accounts (FBAP) to change themselves their passwords when they are logged onto SharePoint 2013, 2010 or 2007 Site. This web part is indeed helpful if there are a lot of AD accounts in...
Password Expiration for SharePoint Virto Sharepoint Password Expiration Web Part enables SharePoint 2013, 2010 or 2007 users to receive e-mail alerts about password expiration. The alert is send for the first time before the pre-defined date of expiration, the second time and then daily starting from the day you need.
Password Reset and Recovery Virto Sharepoint Password Reset and Recovery Web Part for allows any user logged in to the SharePoint 2013, 2010 or 2007 portal using Active Directory (AD) authentication to reset his password without contacting administrator. New temporary password will be shown online or sent to...
User Redirect Web Part Virto Sharepoint User Redirect Web Part is intended for automatic redirecting of SharePoint 2013, 2010 and 2007 users from the site pages they are not allowed to visit to other SharePoint site pages. This easy-to-use feature allows SharePoint site administrators to manage access in...